At the Y, we have a lot to be thankful for year-round, but Thanksgiving seems like the perfect time to recognize all of the reasons why.
Here are the top 5 reasons we are thankful this holiday season:
1. Members: Whether joining as an individual or a family, all of our members become a part of the large YMCA family. The smiling children in Child Watch, After School, swim lessons and our many other youth programs warm our hearts each day. We love seeing our Active Older Adults join us for fun field trips, a weekly card game or a good game of pickleball. We hope you like coming to the Y as much as we enjoy having you here.
2. Volunteers/Board Members: Our volunteers and board members are super heroes. By giving their time to coach a season of sports or help us raise money for our Annual Campaign, they are making a difference in the lives of children and families in our community. We could never repay them for the time, and often money, they give to the Y to help strengthen the communities we serve.
3. Donors: We cherish every donation, big or small. Donors make it possible for us to provide more than $6.5 million in financial assistance for YMCA programs and membership to families who otherwise would be unable to afford to participate.
4. Community Partners: The contributions that local businesses, organizations, foundations and churches provide are invaluable to us. From community gardens to outreach centers, your partnership enables us to increase our community reach.
5. Staff: Our caring staff members change lives each day they come to work. They offer motivation for new members who are struggling to get back into a healthy routine, a smile for a child in need of one, support for struggling families and so much more.
We have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! We hope you and your family have a very happy holiday.